Fiscal Intermediaries and Resources

On this page you will find a list of fiscal intermediaries in Rhode Island and resources to help with plan writing, finding and keeping staff and links to other organizations in Rhode Island that can help individuals using self-directed supports. 

Local and national resources

Fiscal intermediaries in Rhode Island

The Fogarty Center 
310 Maple Avenue, Suite 102, Barrington, RI 02806 
Contact: Linda Vollaro 
Phone: 401-245-7900, ext. 127 
Fax: 401-245-7910 

Works for Me 
J. Arthur Trudeau Memorial Center 
3445 Post Road Warwick, RI 02886 
Contact: Cathy D'Andrea 
Phone: 401-739-2700, ext. 250 
Fax: 401-737-8907 

My Choice
Seven Hills Rhode Island 
1 Albion Rd., Suite 201 Lincoln, RI 02865 
Contact: Patricia Lindquist 
Phone: 401-309-8008 (cell) 
Fax: 401-597-6706 

proAbility (The Arc of Bristol County) 
25 Thurber Blvd., Unit 1 Smithfield, RI 02917 
Contact: Alisha Tillinghast 
Phone: 401-233-1634, ext. 3653 
Fax: 401-233-1674 

Self-Directed Supports 
45 Greeley Street Providence, RI 02904 
Contact: Anita Fleckenstein 
Phone: 401-272-1600 
Fax: 401-751-1378 

Self Directed Services 
Perspectives Corporation 
1130 Ten Road Road, B101 North Kingstown, RI 02852
Contact: Dale Smalley, Senior Director
Phone: 401-741-1770 (cell)
Fax: 401-294-9879

Plan writing tools and resources

To create an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that works best for you, consider using Person-Centered Planning (PCP), a group planning process that helps people with disabilities create a plan for their future. The people helping you create the plan can include family members, friends, co-workers, teachers and other people who know you well. Person-Centered Planning looks at your strengths, experiences and dreams. Consider asking an independent plan writer or a person trained as a person-centered thinking facilitator to help organize and support you in this process.  

Online resources:

Finding and keeping staff

It is your responsibility to hire, train and supervise your staff – and fire them if you need to! If an employee quits or does not show up, you will need a backup plan. Your fiscal intermediary can help you to create an employee packet and policies for hiring and keeping employees. 

To find staff, you can post job flyers at places you frequently visit in your community, such as a church, grocery store or library. You can also post a job with the career offices at local colleges and universities or ask specific departments to share job opportunities with students.

Recommended readings

Rhode Island resources and partnerships

The Sherlock Center partners with RIPIN and other agencies in Rhode Island to help individuals learn about and use self-directed supports. 

RIPIN Self-Directed Support Program

RIPIN’s Self-Directed Support Program provides training, education and resources to help consumers navigate the self-directed service delivery model and make informed decisions about their services. The program works to build statewide infrastructure and support to make the self-directed system more transparent and consistent while continuing to foster the philosophy of self-determination inherent to the model.

For more information or to connect with the team, please email RIPIN at or visit Self-Directed Support Program.